Saturday, May 04, 2013

Worst Political News Of 2013 So Far

This is depressing:
Rep. Steve King (R-IA) announced that he would not run for U.S. Senate from Iowa in 2014. "This week, I made a simple device to put toothpaste back in the tube. But a device to put the Leftist genie back in the bottle is not so simple. The best tool we have now is the majority in the U.S. House which functions mostly to keep the Leftist genie in the bottle. I cannot, in good conscience, turn my back on the destiny decisions of Congress today in order to direct all my efforts to a Senate race for next year, while hoping to gain the leverage to put the genie back in the bottle in 2015."
I thought King was a sure thing.  As I said a couple months ago: "If you liked Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin, then you're gonna love Steve King."  I have a feeling the GOP hierarchy got ahold of this guy and told him to stay the fuck away from the Iowa Senate race. This is very sad news.

No comments: