Friday, March 29, 2013

This Does Not Surprise Me

The Asshole Don Young is at it again:
A Republican congressman from Alaska on Thursday used a slur referring to immigrants, particularly Mexicans, in an interview with a public radio station in his home state. Amid a hot-button debate in Washington over how to overhaul the nation's immigration laws, Rep. Don Young, a 21-term lawmaker, referred to immigrant workers as "wetbacks" — a term that could threaten to inflame the debate about immigration reform.

"My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes," Young said in an interview with radio station KRBD. He was discussing the number of jobs that have been made irrelevant due to advances in automation.
Well, so much for the GOP's efforts to court Hispanic voters.

For me to say that I strongly dislike this guy would be understatement.  Here is one of my favorite youtube videos of all time, which just happens to feature Don Young picking a fight with the wrong guy:



"You don't own Me! I pay your salary!" I love it.

No comments: