Sunday, April 22, 2007

I Want Gore To Run, But . . .

From the Sunday Telegraph:

Friends of Al Gore have secretly started assembling a campaign team in preparation for the former American vice-president to make a fresh bid for the White House.

Two members of Mr Gore's staff from his unsuccessful attempt in 2000 say they have been approached to see if they would be available to work with him again. * * *
If he runs, I hope Gore assembles a different team this time. I don't think his year 2000 team served him very well.

The Telegraph article contained some other interesting tidbits, including this comment from an unnamed Republican strategist: "Gore could be the toughest Democrat to beat."

I think a lot of Republicans probably feel that way. I spoke with a couple of my conservative friends recently about the 2008 election. Both of them want Hillary to get the Democratic nomination because they feel she can easily be beaten. Much to their chagrin, I agreed with them, and said other things that expressed my extreme dislike for Candidate Hillary.

Perplexed, my conservative friends then asked me who I wanted on the Democratic side, and I said I wanted Gore to run. They reacted as if I had just endorsed Satan for president, and went on and on about how much they hated Gore. They were clearly scared shitless that Gore might indeed run, because I think they know in their hearts that Gore will crush anyone the GOP nominates in 2008. He is untouchable on Iraq and global warming, which will both be huge issues in the next election.

Gore/Obama 2008.

No comments: