Thursday, November 02, 2006

Response To A Reader

Yesterday, I did something I've never done in this blog -- I extended a compliment to Dick Cheney. I enjoyed his comment with regard to John Kerry (Cheney said that Kerry "was for the joke before he was against it."). I thought that was pretty funny, and said with regard to Cheney that "I hate the sonofabitch, but I'll give credit where credit is due."

A reader named "Bob" posted this comment in response:
Harold said:

"I hate the sonofabitch"

Your hatred is very apparent in most of your posts. It goes equal with your one sided thoughts.

Sure, it might have been a slip up on Kerry's part but his so called apology showed no remorse. If Bush would have been the one with the "misquote", you would be all over him calling him a idiot. So, why wouldnt you feel the same of JFK?
My hatred is apparent in most of my posts? Then I'm not trying hard enough. Folks like Hannity, Coulter, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly are much better at this hate thing than I am, so please excuse me, Bob, if I don't rise to the level that you are used to. [And, by the way, Kerry did show remorse. Stop getting your news from Fox].

With regard to Cheney, I think that draft dodger is one of the most despicable political figures alive today, and I do hate him. I freely admit it. What's to like?

And I have no doubt that the Idiot Bush will be viewed as the worst two-term president in American history and probably the worst one ever. That's pretty sad when you consider that 9-11 gave him the opportunity to be remembered as a great president. He had my support in the autumn of 2001 -- as well as the support of a lot of other non-Republicans -- and he pissed it all away.

And don't get me started on John Kerry. I've called him a political coward in this blog, and I stand by those words. As I noted in another post, I really do hope this fake scandal finishes him as a presidential contender. If it does, then we can thank you and the rest of the extreme right for spinning his statement like you did and convincing the Corporate Media to run with it. You guys finally did something right. Congratufuckinglations.

And you bring up a great point that "[i]f Bush would have been the one with the 'misquote', you would be all over him calling him a idiot." Well, you're absolutely right about that -- although I have more problems with the statements he doesn't mangle (like "bring it on"). But I'll tell you who wouldn't be all over it, and that's the Corporate Media. In fact, just yesterday, John Boehner, the House Majority Leader, blamed the troops for BushCo's catastrophe in Iraq, yet he gets a pass from the Corporate Media while Kerry gets crucified for screwing up a joke about how much of an idiot Bush is.

Of course, the real joke is when you guys refer to these folks as the "liberal media" or otherwise infer that the media are somehow opposed to the Republican Party. Drug addict Rush Limbaugh, when interviewing Bush yesterday, asked this question:
Well, you have maintained optimism throughout. Many people, I guess -- in the opposition press, the opposition party -- are incredulous that you are optimistic about the outcome next Tuesday. Why is that? Why are you optimistic? What do you know that they don't?
The opposition press? Geesus, I wish this opposition press was around three-and-a-half years ago when Bush was lying his way into Iraq.

Anyway, that's the last time I give Dick Cheney a compliment.

No comments: