Tuesday, May 30, 2006

We're Back

We got back from vacation yesterday. It was great. The weather in Maui was perfect, and it looks like we picked the right time to go, because I heard the weather in Central Oregon was terrible while we were gone.

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

By the way, what happened to CBS News correspondent Kimberly Dozier in Iraq really bums me out:

Dozier, along with cameraman Paul Douglas and soundman James Brolan, were traveling in a U.S. military convoy working on a story about Memorial Day when a car bomb exploded. Douglas and Brolan, both British citizens, were killed. A U.S. soldier and an Iraqi translator also died in the blast.

The explosion occurred on the same day a series of blasts killed at least 40 people in Iraq and wounded dozens more in the worst wave of violence to hit Baghdad in days.
I watched a couple of her reports from Iraq earlier this month, and although they were excellent, I felt that she was putting herself in harm's way more than she needed to. I read somewhere that Bob Schieffer told her before this particular incident that she should take less dangerous assignments.

No comments: