Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mustang Island

We arrived in Maui late Friday evening after a long delay in Los Angeles. Our plane out of L.A. had an "unpleasant aroma" near the back end of the passenger cabin - they couldn't find the source, so they had to find us a different plane (I guess it must have been a pretty bad odor). We didn't arrive in Maui until about 10 pm local time.

Per Blade's recommendation, we had lunch at Mama's Fish House on Saturday. It was great. I had the mahimahi stuffed with lobster, crab, and Maui onion (Ron -- we're going to try that Okazuma place you recommended tonight for dinner -- we could easily walk there from where we are staying).

The first thing I noticed about Maui is that there are those new retro Mustang automobiles everywhere, undoubtedly because the rental agencies are overloaded with them. We've only seen one accident since we've been here, and it involved a new Mustang. I used to think those cars were cool -- now I'm getting a little tired of them.

The weather was particularly great today. I rained a few times on Saturday and Sunday, but no rain today. We hit Kapalua Beach this morning. The snorkeling was great -- lots of fish (including some angel fish) and a sea turtle were swimming about. We're going to try Black Rock tomorrow, and then take a boat out to Molokini on Thursday.

Danimal (and Nick) -- I bought that new Flaming Lips cd yesterday. It's a great one to listen to while cruising around Maui. I really like that "Free Radicals" song, as well as "It Overtakes Me." Have fun at that concert and at the Beck show.

Hopefully I'll be able to do one more post while here. In the meantime, here's an infuriating article from Seymour Hersh.

No comments: