Friday, August 01, 2014

Quote of the Week

"Well, I’m not going to disagree with you because it’s a point I made myself in conference. Look, you can’t say on the one hand that the president is overreaching by acting without legislative authority and direction, and then refuse to give him legislative authority and direction in another area. So, I don’t disagree with what you have to say at all."
- Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), responding to the GOP position that Obama should act administratively to deal with the border crisis when - just the day before - the GOP-controlled House voted to sue President Obama for taking administrative action in delaying the ACA's employer mandate.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  This is the kind of schizo shit that happens when a major political party lets its hatred for America's first Black president drive its agenda.

No comments: