Saturday, July 05, 2014

Ever Heard of Birth Control?

Oh wait. I'm sorry -- they're Republicans.  I briefly forgot that Republicans hate birth control:
The Bill Cassidy Senate campaign announced Thursday that the candidate's unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant as she prepares for her senior year at a Baton Rouge high school.

Cassidy, a Republican congressman from Baton Rouge, said in a statement provided NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune that his daughter faces "a more challenging future" and that she has his and his wife Laura's unconditional support. The baby is expected later this summer.
Well, Cassidy is in good company, extremist-wise: I seem to remember that Sarah Palin had a similar problem.

1 comment:

JB said...

I guess it wasn't a legitimate rape then:

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-us-rep-akin-defends-legitimate-rape-remarks-165508319.html?.tsrc=_start

Too bad for her. I was barely ready for parenting in my 40s. High school? Not so much.