Monday, November 12, 2012

Radical Religious Right Softens Its Stance On Obama

Our American Taliban friends no longer believe that Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ. Here is what Texas Megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress has to say about this change of position:
“I want you to hear me tonight, I am not saying that President Obama is the Antichrist, I am not saying that at all. One reason I know he’s not the Antichrist is the Antichrist is going to have much higher poll numbers when he comes,” said Jeffress.

“President Obama is not the Antichrist. But what I am saying is this: the course he is choosing to lead our nation is paving the way for the future reign of the Antichrist.”
Look, I know it doesn't sound like much movement on their part, but there is a big difference between saying that someone is the Anti-Christ and saying that someone will merely usher in the age of the Anti-Christ. 

It's a major concession and the Radical Religious Right should be praised for making it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.