Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quote of the Week (with update)

We know that several hundred died, but there was never an official count done of security contractors dead in Iraq. So when I see this focus on what was essentially a small firefight, I think number one: I’ve covered a lot of firefights, it’s impossible to figure out what happens in them sometimes. And second, I think that the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox was operating as a wing of the Republican Party.
- Author Tom Ricks, talking about Benghazi on Fox News yesterday.

Something tells me that yesterday's appearance on Fox will probably be Tom Ricks' last, but it's great to see someone not only telling the truth about Fox News but actually doing it right in the middle of the lion's den.

UPDATE:  More on the Ricks/Fox dust-up here.  Plus, John McCain is a fucking idiot.

No comments: