Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Quote Of The Week

"I don’t know if the American public deserve me, but my son definitely deserves my time now."
-- Samuel Joseph "Joe The Plumber" Wurzelbacher, when asked if he thinks he might have a career in politics.

Palin/Wurzelbacher 2012!

And by the way, this is weak (from Josh Marshall):

I think it's understandable, though unfortunate in terms of the future of the country and the interests of justice, that Sen. Gregg (R-NH) made it a condition of his accepting the Commerce appointment that he'd be replaced by a Republican. But now comes word that he's recusing himself from any votes on the Stimulus Bill.

Note that in this case a recusal amounts to a no vote since the Dems will likely need 60 votes to overcome a Republican filibuster. And now he's unavailable to provide one.
And finally, disgraced (and former) Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was on Letterman last night. Here's how Dave opened up the exchange:

Letterman: "Why exactly are you here? Honest to God..."

Blagojevich: "Well, you know, I've been wanting to be on your show in the worst way for the longest..."

Letterman: "Well, you're on in the worst way, believe me."
Hilarious. You can watch the video here.

No comments: