Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time To Take Another Pill, Rush

Drug addict Rush Limbaugh said this about Obama the other day:
He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is Mitch McConnell. He is more frightened of me than he is of, say, John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party. I mean, to tell you the truth, folks, if the president is a little more worried about somebody on the radio than he is about somebody on Capitol Hill … I think Obama wants me to fail, there’s no question.
Limbaugh was responding to Obama, who recently told GOP leaders: "You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done." I would normally frown upon a prominent Democrat making such a reference to Limbaugh, but I think this is a good move on Obama's part.

I have no doubt that Limbaugh loves all the attention -- and he's clearly more comfortable when Democrats are in power (as Limbaugh admitted a couple years ago, he doesn't like carrying water for the GOP). But Obama is trying to put a face on all of the right-wing failures of the past eight years; and now that Bush is out of the picture, it looks like he's chosen Limbaugh's face.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I do think that if the President's stimulus package passes with little to no GOP support, then Obama should take the gloves off and start going after the Republicans who opposed it. And he should tell it like it is, namely, that these right wingers are more interested in protecting a failed ideology than they are in helping their fellow citizens during this time of crisis.

No comments: