Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Joe Half-Rack Signing Off (Politically Speaking)

It's been fun, but my days as a political blogger have come to an end. I was going to continue doing political posts in the event the Republicans retained control of the Executive Branch, but that didn't happen, so my job here is done.

Many thanks to all my readers for their support. I'll continue to do the occasional post on fishing, backpacking, poker, travel, and perhaps a few other non-political pursuits, so tune in now and then if you have any interest in that stuff. And I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a very occasional politically-tinged post appearing here if something really major happens (e.g., Bush is charged with war crimes or something like that).

Obama obviously ran one of the best campaigns ever, and it'll be a long time before we see another presidential election as fascinating as this one. And I was very surprised with how quickly Pennsylvania was called tonight. Once that happened, this thing was pretty much over.

I will say this as I ride off into the sunset -- let's hope I'll have many more opportunities over the next couple of decades to give up political blogging.

No comments: