Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If You Are A Republican, Please Do Not Read This Post

I hate conservative columnist Kathleen Parker. Well, I actually like her -- in fact, she's one of my favorite political writers -- but I also hate her because there is a chance that the GOP might listen to her.

My hope is that Republicans won't listen to her and instead decide to let folks like Sarah Palin become the leaders of their party. If that happens, then the GOP is doomed, and that would make me happy.

Anyway, here is what Parker wrote recently about how religion is hurting the GOP:

As Republicans sort out the reasons for their defeat, they likely will overlook or dismiss the gorilla in the pulpit.

Three little letters, great big problem: G-O-D.

I'm bathing in holy water as I type.

To be more specific, the evangelical, right-wing, oogedy-boogedy branch of the GOP is what ails the erstwhile conservative party and will continue to afflict and marginalize its constituents if reckoning doesn't soon cometh.

Simply put: Armband religion is killing the Republican Party. And, the truth -- as long as we're setting ourselves free -- is that if one were to eavesdrop on private conversations among the party intelligentsia, one would hear precisely that. * * *
Parker is right, of course. The question is whether the GOP will have the guts to tell Sarah Palin and all of the other Christo-Fascist religious types to take a hike. Something tells me that won't happen.

Palin/Huckabee 2012!

No comments: