Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Uh, What Box Would That Be, CNN?

I watched a bit of CNN's coverage this afternoon of Bush's veto of the Iraq Debacle Funding Bill, and I heard CNN commentators say this more than once: "The Democrats are in a box on this issue."

OK, I freely admit that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but what the f*ck are they talking about? Last I heard, two-thirds of the country want the U.S. to get the hell out of Iraq. Are the CNN commentators suggesting that America's attitude about the Iraq Catastrophe will suddenly flip in the months ahead? If anything, the Iraq situation will only worsen as the year progresses.

I'll tell you who's in a box, and it's not Bush. He doesn't care. He'll be out of office in a little over a year and a half, and I'm certain that even he -- despite his extreme idiocy -- has figured out that he's going to go down as the worst American president ever and there is nothing he can do about it. His only hope is that we'll still be in Iraq when he leaves office -- then at least he'll be able to blame it all on somebody else.

No, the folks who are in the box are the GOP Congressmen and senators who have to run for reelection in 2008 and are still supporting Bush and his disastrous War in Iraq. They are the ones who are supremely hosed right now.

And speaking of Iraq, this is pretty good.

No comments: