Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Harold's Blog Signing Off (Politically Speaking)

It's been fun, but my days as a political blogger have come to an end. I was going to continue doing political posts in the event the Republicans retained control of both branches of Congress, but that didn't happen, so my job here is done.

Many thanks to all my readers for their support. I'll continue to do the occasional post on fishing, backpacking, poker, travel, and perhaps a few other non-political pursuits, so tune in now and then if you have any interest in that stuff. And I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a very occasional politically-tinged post appearing here if something really major happens (e.g., Bush fleeing to Paraguay or something like that).

We're leaving tomorrow morning for a long weekend in Vegas, so check in early next week if you want to know whether I won any money or not. I plan on playing a lot of Texas Hold 'Em -- both tournaments and money games -- as well as a lot of craps. We're also going to the Tenacious D show at the House of Blues on Saturday night, which should be interesting.

If this year's trip is half as fun as last year's Vegas vacation, then we're going to have a great time.

No comments: