Friday, November 03, 2006

Alleged GOP Sodomite Offers Up Clinton Defense

I'm home for lunch watching CNN and I about choked on my food when I heard excerpts from an interview with Ted Haggard, the disgraced evangelical pastor and, as of yesterday, the former head of the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE).

Haggard basically said that he hooked up with the alleged gay male prostitute for a "massage" (hint hint - nudge nudge - say no more), and that although he did purchase Meth from this guy, he didn't actually take it and instead "threw it away."

Haggard did say one thing that I thought was credible -- he said he gave up his senior pastor role and resigned from the NAE because "both of those roles are based on trust, and right now my trust is questionable."

You think?

By the way, here is a transcript of one of the voice messages that the gay male prostitute claims was left by Haggard, who called himself Art in the message (Haggard's middle name is Arthur):

"Hi Mike, this is Art. Hey, I was just calling to see if we could get any more. Either $100 or $200 supply. And I could pick it up really anytime I could get it tomorrow or we could wait till next week sometime and so I also wanted to get your address. I could send you some money for inventory but that's probably not working, so if you have it then go ahead and get what you can and I may buzz up there later today, but I doubt your schedule would allow that unless you have some in the house. Okay, I'll check in with you later. Thanks a lot, bye."
(Emphasis added). Although that sure appears to be a drug call to me, I must admit that I don't have a lot of experience in that sort of thing. In fact, the only illegal drug I've ever tried was marijuana -- I tried it only once, and I swear to God I never exhaled.

No comments: