Sunday, August 06, 2006

V For Vendetta

I saw V For Vendetta when it first came out in the theater and liked it. Danimal saw it twice on the big screen, and said it was even better the second time.

I just watched the DVD (which was released last Tuesday), and I have to agree with Dan -- the movie was better the second time. I caught a lot more on the second viewing, undoubtedly because we had the English subtitles going as we watched it (something I really recommend doing with this movie).

Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving are great in this film. I checked the Internet Movie Database website, and the users of that particular site rated V For Vendetta in the Top 250 movies of all time (it came in at number 148). The Wachowski Brothers wrote the film, and they really made up for the abomination they put out in 2003 (namely, Matrix Revolutions).

Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend that you do.

No comments: