Monday, April 17, 2006

Biggest Snowfall Of The Year

I was just commenting to someone the other day about how great it was to finally be rid of the heavy snowfall for the year. It's been a long winter, and I was really getting tired of it all. Sure, we routinely get snow here into May, but only an inch or two at a time, if that.

Well, I spoke too soon. We woke up this morning to at least a foot of new snow at our house. In fact, I think it was the most snow we've gotten overnight in quite a while, and it's the middle of April.

Although this year's heavy snowpack will be great for fishing, there is a good chance that some of the lakes we like to fish won't be accessible for some time. I doubt, for example, that we'll be able to get into Three Creeks Lake until mid-to-late July. It's at 6500' elevation, but we were fishing it in early May last year. There's probably 15 feet of snow there right now.

No comments: