Tuesday, January 10, 2006

ScAlito Should Have Simply Come Clean On The C.A.P. Issue

From Armando at Kos:

After stating again this morning that he had no recollection of joining Concerned Alumni for Princeton, the racist and sexist organization that objected to women and minorities being admitted at Princeton, despite having included it in his job application to work for Ed Meese in 1985, Alito this morning now pretends to remember WHY he joined an organization he says he does not remember joining.

So Alito's story on CAP is that 'he didn't do it, and if he did do it, he doesn't remember, and if he did do it and does remember, then he had a good reason for doing it.'

My gawd, it takes some chutzpah to come up with that one.

The truth and Alito are finding it hard to stay in the same room right now.
Alito did come off looking pretty sleazy this morning when confronted with this C.A.P. issue. I know I'd have a little more respect for him if he simply stated:

"Look Senator, I was trying to get a job working for Ed Meese. Ed Meese!! You remember that guy, don't you? I figured that a guy like Mr. Meese would appreciate the fact that I was a member of a group that objected to women and minorities being admitted to Princeton.

"As I got older, I started wishing that I had never joined that organization, but I knew that my affiliation with that group would help me more than it hurt me when it came to getting a job working for Ed Meese, and that's why I put it in the application. When applying for a job, you always have to remember who your audience is."
At least such a response would have been closer to the truth. But the bottom line here is that Alito is coming off looking like a pretty creepy dude. He's clearly an extremist's extremist, and if the Democrats don't filibuster this guy, then the lot of them might as well resign from the Senate and go live on an island somewhere.

No comments: