Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Public Housing Residents Harassed into Bible Study

I'm getting tired of crap like this. I don't know why stuff like this always sets me off, but it does. The whole Terri Schiavo deal angered me to no end, but that evil series of events had a happy ending in that the idiocy of Bush, Bush, Frist, that monk dude with the big cross hanging off of his neck, FauxNews, and all the rest of those religious extremists was exposed for all to see. I'm sorry, but I no longer view people like that as Christians, but as part of a cult that is loosely based on Christianity.

I think the Schiavo Debacle helped a lot in making Bush one of the most unpopular presidents in a generation. But the influence of the Radical Christian Right on the GOP is so strong that Jeb Bush, like a moth to the flame, continued to go after Michael Schiavo even after Terri's death. Jeb's head eventually cleared and he abandoned his investigation of Michael, but the fact that he did it gave me some hope that radical Christianity will eventually drive the extremist wing of the GOP over a cliff.

No comments: